Last week’s (23/03/16) update of Google Slides on iOS included two significant new features. Users can now easily modify themes and slide layouts in the iOS App. Google Support provides the following steps for accessing the new features:
Add a theme
- Open a presentation.
- Tap More .
- Tap Change theme.
- To apply a theme to all slides in your presentation, tap a theme.
Change the layout of a slide
- Open a presentation and select a slide.
- In the slide picker, tap the slide you want to change.
- In the menu that appears, tap Change layout.
- Choose the layout you want to use.
Note that the update still does not allow you to add an image as a background to a slide.
Try out the features and share them with your students.