IT Strand Focus with Steve Dembo (@teach42)
- Where do you go when google fails you?
- participation in social practice is a fundamental form of learning
- I don’t know everything but I’m connected to a lot of smart people that seem to know everything
- Google social – you can connect your social networking tools to your google account; it also allows you to filter results by people that you are connected to (social option under more)
- We’re at this stage of hyperconnectedness in 2010; 2000’s was social web; 1990’s was e-mail generation, 1980’s were pre-internet
- Who’s on your research Team? from @shareski
- Stages of personal learning network by @jutecht – http://www.flickr.com/photos/jutecht/2384289406/
- ambient relationship – relationship develops from all those light touches over time
- How social does social networking need to be? What if you’re just an observer? What if you’re an occasional user?
- Remember to prune your networks – follow, unfollow, follow, unfollow – keep your network dynamic (paraphrased)
- http://www.slideshare.net/elemenous/istetie-leadership-bootcamp-2010 by @elemenous