In education, we have to stop pretending that
- learning happens in straight lines, neat boxes and perfect circles
- the adults have the answers, independent of conversations with children and communities and can effectively impart the answers to children
- technology programs are naturally innovative and transformative
- we are preparing students for their life and its okay to ignore who they are right now
- learning can happen even when there is no engagement and fun
Scott McLeod challenged others to participate in a conversation on how to #makeschooldifferent with the prompt “… we have to stop pretending”. In this challenge, I’d like to invite @jmikton, @sbradshaw, @BobsPragueBlog, @elizabethperry and @njtechteacher to participate.