Many teachers use Picasa Web Albums to create slideshows for their blogs. However, Edublogs has recently had a problem where the embed code only works if the teacher only stays in Text mode and doesn’t switch between Text and Visual mode.
Creating a gallery of photos is always an option, but if you’d prefer a slideshow mode, use YouTube.
How to Create a Slideshow in YouTube
- Go to Upload in YouTube.
- Click on Create beside Photo Slideshow
- You have an option to use photos in your Google + Profile. Otherwise, you can upload photos from your computer.
- After selecting or uploading the photos, and confirming the order, click on Next.
- You can customize the Slide Duration, Effect and Transition, as well as select an audio track to play with your slide (no audio is an option).
- Click Upload.
- Make sure your “video” is unlisted.
- Check the advanced settings. I suggest turning Comments off, and enabling embedding (so that you can put the slideshow on your blog).
- Click Done.
- Once your video is uploaded, copy the address, and paste it in your post/page. (Make sure that the link is on a line by itself and that you are working in Visual Mode.)