One of the things that I love about my job is that I’m in a position to learn something new every day. My new discoveries and explorations are inspired by interactions with students and teachers. This week, I’m going to share three of my discoveries with you while crediting the source of my inspiration.
- Mr. Gallaher inadvertently named my car Azzurro by teaching me about azzurri soccer fans. Further exploration lead to my discovery of the word Azzurro. Click on the link if you want to find out what it means.
- Mr. Moody helped me discover how to turn off autocorrect in Mac Os X Lion. To do this, go to System Preferences | Language and Text | Text | Uncheck Correct spelling automatically.
- Mr. Gallagher inspired me to explore how to print more than one page on a piece of paper in Microsoft Word. To do this, go to File | Print. Then click on the third box to select Layout. Then select how many pages you want to print on one side of paper. To verify your settings, click on PDF and select Open PDF in Preview.
New in Tech
Who are the major players in web2.0? See the interactive map below to find out. Click on the included link to open the map in a full browser window.
Links to Explore
Free Amazon Kindle Finds
- Looking forward to testing the Pumpkin Cookbook by Gooseberry Patch for Kindle
- Presenting to Win: The Art of Telling Your Story, Updated and Expanded Edition
- web2.0 interactive map – http://map.web2summit.com/#d
- Gmail tips – http://educationaltech-med.blogspot.com/2011/08/awesome-gmail-tips-gmail-as-you-have.html
- Learn how to use Google docs – http://www.labnol.org/tag/google-docs/
- Draw a stick man – http://www.drawastickman.com/
- Facebook tracks you on the web – http://venturebeat.com/2011/09/25/facebook-tracking-logged-out/